Ultimaker PLA (polylactic acid) is highly versatile, easy to print, and available in 11 colors. It prints reliably with high dimensional accuracy and a quality surface finish. This makes it an ideal material for a range of applications – from detailed prototypes to simple manufacturing jigs and gauges.
- Easy to print at high print speeds
- Achieve excellent tensile stiffness and detailed surface quality
- Dual extrude in two colors, or with PVA or Breakaway
- Ideal for investment casting to create metal parts
Ultimaker Tough PLA
Ultimaker Tough PLA is a technical PLA (polylactic acid) material with a toughness similar to ABS. It is ideal for printing functional prototypes and tooling at larger sizes – without fear of delamination or warping. Our Tough PLA offers the same safe and easy use as regular PLA.
- Greater machinability than PLA allows more post-processing techniques
- Similar strength and higher stiffness compared to ABS
- No delamination or warping for reliable printing of larger parts
- Compatible with PVA and Breakaway support materials for full geometric freedom
Ultimaker Nylon is a polyamide grade based on PA6/66. It features reduced humidity absorption and a longer shelf life compared to other nylon filaments. Able to withstand significant mechanical stress, nylon material is a great choice for 3D printing tools, functional prototypes, and end-use parts.
- Impact and abrasion resistant
- Low friction coefficient
- Corrosion resistant to alkalis and organic chemicals
- Prints in dual extrusion with PVA or Breakaway
Ultimaker ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is formulated to minimise warping and ensure consistent interlayer adhesion. ABS material is a great choice for creating functional prototypes and complex end-use parts.
- Good interlayer adhesion, especially when printing with an enclosed front
- Withstands temperatures of up to 85 °C
- Achieve aesthetic detail that rivals injection molded parts
- Dual extrusion with a choice of 10 ABS colors, or with Breakaway support material
Ultimaker PVA (polyvinyl alcohol) is a leading water-soluble support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. It offers you freedom and convenience: to design complex model geometries that require supports, which dissolve away in tap water.
- Reliable adhesion to PLA, Tough PLA, CPE, and Nylon
- Non-toxic formula dissolves in regular tap water which can be disposed of safely
- 100% biodegradable with no hazardous by-products
- Good thermal stability gives better degradation resistance compared to other PVA filaments
Ultimaker Breakaway support is easy and quick to remove. It leaves behind a smoother quality finish than other support materials, with no further post-processing needed.
- No sanding ensures high dimensional accuracy – ideal for tight-tolerance parts
- No waiting for support material to dissolve
- Longer shelf life and less moisture-sensitive compared to PVA
- High-quality surface finish on your model
With Ultimaker PC (polycarbonate) material, print parts that are tough, strong, and retain dimensional stability when subjected to temperatures as high as 110 ºC. Our polycarbonate 3D printing material properties make it perfect for printing molds, tools, functional prototypes, and parts for short-run manufacturing.
- Resists temperatures and retains form up to 110 ºC
- Flame retardant characteristics
- Transparent option for translucent parts
- High toughness, especially for non-transparent options
Ultimaker PP (polypropylene) is a durable, chemical resistant material. It has exceptional fatigue resistance, high levels of toughness, and a low-friction co-efficient. From electrical components to living hinges, PP is the go-to material for prototyping and end-use parts.
- Chemically resistant to a wide range of acids and bases, including industrial cleaning agents
- Retains its form after torsion, bending, or flexing
- High electrical resistance for good electrical insulation
- Low density, resulting in lightweight parts
Ultimaker CPE (co-polyester) material is an ideal choice for 3D printing functional prototypes and mechanical parts. This filament is formulated for chemical resistance, toughness, and reliable dimensional stability.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- High toughness and dimensional stability
- High impact strength
- A range of colours to choose from, including grey scale for professional-looking models
Ultimaker TPU 95A
Ultimaker TPU 95A (thermoplastic polyurethane) is a flexible material, making it ideal for applications that demand chemical resistance and the qualities of rubber and plastic. For a seamless 3D printing experience, we’ve engineered Ultimaker TPU 95A to be easier and faster to print than other TPU filaments on the market.
- Exceptional wear and tear resistance
- Rubber-like flexibility
- Great choice for industrial coatings or prototyping consumer products
- Ideal 3D printing material when durability and flexibility are essential