Technical Support Engineer
Do you have a passion for cutting edge manufacturing technologies?
If you think you would make a suitable addition to our team email us your CV and a short cover letter to:
See below for more details
- Location: Kenilworth, Warwickshire
- Role Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: Open
- Right to work in the UK
- Competent in 3D CAD
- Proficient in English
- Good Organisational Skills
- Strong Interest in Additive Manufacturing
- Excellent Team Player
- 3D Printing Experience
- Technical Sales Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Comfortable in Front of an Audience
- Problem Solver
- Work Under Own Initiative
What's the role?
You will have the amazing opportunity to work closely with the most advanced and modern additive manufacturing machines in the industry. You will work with clients to help them achieve their goals via support, training, installations & product demonstrations.
What you will gain?
- Join a fast growing company in a booming industry.
- Gain valuable experience and skills with leading Additive Manufacturing hardware & software.
- Get official manufacturer training from the likes of Formlabs & Markforged
- Gain insight into how a business runs but more importantly, how a business grows.
- The ability to contribute to the team from day 1, where your ideas are listened to.
- Solve a variety of challenging tasks
What does Solid Print3D do?
Solid Print3D supply cutting edge additive manufacturing, 3d scanning & traditional manufacturing products to engineering business of all sizes across the Uk & Ireland.
We supply our clients with tailor made solutions to their manufacturing needs. We pride ourselves in customer service, we take the time to consider all the factors surrounding the problem and then supply the client with a solution that adds value to their business. Check out our reviews here: reviews
Our product range, and knowledge, covers all areas of 3D printing (FDM, SLA and SLS). We have even grown into other areas such as 3D scanning, waterjet cutting and CNC milling.
So you’re interested in working for Solid Print3D. What are we looking for from you?
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Engineering or Product Design (or similar)
- A love of new technology
- Willingness to learn
- Good problem-solving skills
- Great with people
- Customer service experience
- The willingness to go the extra mile for customers
These skills are desirable but not required:
- Experience of 3D Printing
- Experience of 3D Scanning
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Knowledge of a CAD system (like SolidWorks)
- Creative skills in writing and graphic design (adobe suite)
- Knowledge of coding or web design
- Interacting and advising customers with machine selection
- Maintaining our onsite manufacturing machines
- Innovating ways to improve efficiency and customer service internally
- Responding to clients enquires and offering support to issues they may be experiencing.
- Carrying out product demonstrations
- Training clients on the hardware & software we sell onsite & in a classroom
Where are we based?
We’re based on Abbey Park, equidistant between Kenilworth, Leamington Spa & Coventry in Warwickshire. This central location provides us easy access to the whole of the UK to support our customers.
Abbey Park is a beautiful rural location with an outdoor gym, table tennis & walks by the river and a golf course next door. You can get round in on the par 3 at lunchtime or head out on your bike.
We have a variety of shops; Tesco, Sainsburys, Subway & an M&S petrol station within a 5-minute drive and an M&S lunch van which visits us every lunchtime
The Solid Print Culture
We’re a fast growing company and as such, we work hard to play hard. We want innovative people who can add value to our business though new ideas with the ability to see them through to completion.
Furthermore, we have an 8-ball pool table, free soft drinks, a coffee machine and a kitchen, so you can make your lunch if required.
We run regular trips with our sister company to go walking in the Lake District, skiing in the Alps, coasteering in Ireland, go karting, and we have a large summer & Christmas party.
Solid Print3D branded jumpers, shirts, polos and t shirts are all provided.
- Flexible start dates based on your current availability, but we are looking for great people to join ASAP
- 9am – 5:30pm per day with 1 hour for lunch
- The role is a full-time position
- Initial probation period is 6 months
- Onboarding typically takes around 1 month for training, upskilling etc