Markforged Industrial Printers get 2x Faster
Frankfurt, Germany. The Formnext Additive Manufacturing Event – November 19, 2019. Markforged announce Turbo Print. This new features doubles the speed of the market leading X7 while retaining Markforged’s best in class surface finish allowing customers to speed up their …
Frankfurt, Germany. The Formnext Additive Manufacturing Event – November 19, 2019. Markforged announce Turbo Print.
This new features doubles the speed of the market leading X7 while retaining Markforged’s best in class surface finish allowing customers to speed up their return on investment and produce & replace parts faster.
“Twice as fast means twice as productive. We received our Markforged X7 in September, and have been thrilled with the results so far. The surface finish is unparalleled, and we can customize our parts to be exceptionally strong and ultra-lightweight. Now with this new feature, we’ll be able to make parts in half the time.”Michael Ott, Head of Production Innovation at Siemens Healthineers in Germany.
Turbo print will officially be released via firmware update on December 16 and will be available for all second generation Markforged X7’s. The X7 is the flagship industrial series continuous carbon fiber printer, featuring a large build envelope, automated laser-assisted print calibration, and access to our complete suite of base and fiber materials.
- This new 250um Turbo option allows the same parts to be printed up to 2X faster than the 200um Layer
- Parts that are short and wide will see the greatest speed improvement and parts that are tall and skinny will see less improvement.
- Walls are printed at a slower speed than the infill as such geometries with a greater infill to wall ratio will have a greater speed increase.
- Markforged parts will retain best-in-class surface finish and print 2x as fast.
- The feature will be a drop-down option in Layer Height called “0.250 Turbo”
- The option will be available in Eiger for all users to see and even slice with. Users will not be able to print with it unless they have an X7 Gen2.
- Turbo Print (Beta) – will continue to remain an option
Markforged 3D printers have transformed manufacturing by creating strong, durable, functional products of all kinds of applications in automotive, oil and gas, aerospace, and harsh environments. With tens of thousands of users in more than 50 countries, demand has exploded for Markforged’s metal and carbon fiber 3D printers and will continue to grow as new features like Turbo Print are released. With these new updates, we continue to magnify the value of additive manufacturing.
“For many vendors in the additive manufacturing space, high-speed printing kills part quality. Our customers value the beautiful surface quality and mechanical properties of their 3D printed parts, so we developed a way to maintain our high standard at a much faster pace. Now customers will be able to move from digital design to functional parts twice as fast, opening the door for rapid development and faster time to market.”Greg Mark, CEO and Founder of Markforged.
Learn more about Markforged X7
Read the updated X7 datasheet
Neil Sewell – Solid Print3D